Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Ermuun Bayarmunkh



New Beginnings
                    I originally didn’t come from Virginia or anywhere near the state. I was born in Florida where the climate is hot and random, so it was a huge change from a hot and humid climate to a cold or normal. So Virginia felt as cold as the North Pole to me when I first came to Virginia. Even though I don’t remember much about the day I moved from Florida and I didn’t really fully understand what was going on, I still felt an overwhelmingly sense of sadness. Even right now I feel a bit sad even though most of the time I go to Florida on every summer vacation I still know I can’t stay there, but I still feel content with staying here in Virginia as I made new friends, got a new house, made new best friends, and had new amazing memories.
                    One of the main reasons that I miss Florida is because I left my best friend there since pre-school. His name was Adam and he was probably the best friend I could ever have. Another reason I miss Florida is because of the amusement park called Sea World. You might have heard of it with its killer whale controversies but it was a fairly fun place. I lived near Sea World so my Mom bought seasonal tickets which I used to go to sea world for almost every day of the season. Furthermore I watched the Shamoo show which is the killer whale controversy that I talked about before, but it was a fun experience watching the killer whales as a child. Another reason that I miss Florida is its climate. Florida’s climate is bipolar, but it’s mostly because its peninsula, so it would be surrounded by water. Anyways it was the last day before I left Florida.
                    I remember waking up to my mom yelling “Wake up and come eat your breakfast before you dry and starve!” so I went and ate breakfast. Next I remember is visiting one of my friends who lived in the same apartment complex and he said “Hey dude I’ll miss you man, come stay over when you come back!” then I went to visit my other friend who basically said the same thing. After I talked to my friends I felt like I fell through a hole of depression because I knew I wouldn’t see them again for a long time. I walked back home and waited on my carpet floor and wallowed in self-pity. I tried to cheer myself up by playing with my toys and pretending they were yelling and fighting each other like a war but I really wasn’t in the mood so I eventually stopped.
                    Then the time came it was time to move the last of the boxes into the U-Haul truck and say goodbye. My dad tried to cheer me up and he said “Don’t worry you’ll make new friends” and I just simply nodded. The last thing I remember before I went to sleep was the bright, orange and pink sun over the seas horizon and I closed my eyes. Now when I woke up we were already in Virginia and all I saw was just trees, dirt, and a cold gray world. We eventually stopped for a break, which by the way was for my dad as he spent the whole night driving to Virginia. We finally made it to the house that I live in today. We unpacked and tried to organize things. Eventually it got dark and we planned to go to sleep. The last thing I remember of that one day was looking at my ceiling, and thinking of what I was going to do now.

                    Although the first couple of days were a bore for me I eventually settled in and made new friends, and new best friends, but it was kind of boring as there wasn’t any amusement parks so I played outside for most of the couple of months at Virginia. The message you should get and the message I just realized myself while writing this is that everything fits into place and that you shouldn’t give up and self-pity yourself. 

4 comments:

  1. The last paragraph is hard to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, the first paragraph is wordy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you made new friends... even if you WANT to count me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great length and very enjoyable - Mai

    ReplyDelete