Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Gianna Gianni


That’s Just Who I Am Now
            I never said I was the most graceful person in the world, but I didn’t think I would’ve been as clumsy as I was. Let me explain the setting. It was as cold as the ice caps. The rain was a sheet that was covering the field. The rain came to a stop as the wind howled. Okay, just kidding. It was a bit rainy, windy, and cold though.
            I was in sixth grade, and I was going to the football game to see my sister perform.  I also wanted to hang out with my friends. I just found my friends at the game and we were talking,
            “Hey, Gianna! Where were you? I texted you, and you didn’t respond,” said Hannah.
            “I was with my mom. She was telling me I needed to check in at least twice every quarter and make sure to tell her who I’m with,” I responded.
“Oh, I thought she might not make you since you’re older now,” commented Teresa.
“I guess somethings will never change, you know?” I replied with a laugh.
The three of us have been best friends since kindergarten when we were placed in the same class. We haven’t known school without the other pair. We ended up just gossiping about who knows what, considering I don’t even remember what it was about, and that’s surprising. I ended up saying something stupid that was out of the ordinary, and right after I said it, Teresa and Hannah looked at me like I was a different person.
Before I go on, I should probably explain that I was the explanation of a goody-two-shoes. It was like anything I said or did was the right thing to do. Granted, I am definitely not like that now, but I guess this was where that all changed.
“What?” I asked the two of them.
“Hold up, what did you just say?” Hannah asked.
“That’s right, you heard me,” I relied again.
A second passed before I responded again,
“That’s just who I am now,”
After I said that, it was like the world was against me to make me embarrassed. Time went by so slow, and then my face hit the cold, mushy mud spot on as I hit the ground. Teresa and Hannah started howling. My face got to the equivalent of a tomato, thousands of people stared at me as I got up from the mud. I laughed, acting like it doesn’t bother me at all, and meanwhile I’m basically crying inside. I wanted to run to go find my mom, but I knew that would just make a bigger scene. I stood up and brushed myself off.

Looking back, I think it’s actually a really great memory. What would I think about it if I ran away? Sure, it isn’t the most flattering memory, but it makes everyone I meet laugh when I tell people it. Nothing is better than learning that you can laugh at yourself when you make other people laugh too. Sometimes things happen, but you won’t die over a small accident. Laughter is the best medicine anyone could ever give you. Make some medicine for yourself! Don’t get caught up in what other people think about you!

8 comments:

  1. This will make me laugh for the rest of my life ;) Great writing, but poor, poor, innocent, unsuspecting tree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it yourself
    On that night, you became mud
    That's just who you are

    Your story was entertaining :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story was very entertaining, and it made me laugh. I bet it was embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THIS! Too bad I will never ever let you live this down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story was really good! It was really entertaining!

    ReplyDelete